Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:36 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 software library in one place

Page 4 of 7    
jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 07:27pm 15 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  Jiri

Anything I've posted can be included without asking

Thanks Peter,
I'm currently thinking about add one NO PRG category, DOCS. And exactly there can be used your permission...
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

thwill

Guru

Posted: 07:29pm 15 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi @Jiri,

jirsoft said  I have added enabled column into DB and currently disabled all records, where I didn't discussed it with authors or record was not added through ADD PRG. When will somebody put it back, just ask and I will re-enable it.

You misunderstand me. Nobody who has published a program on TBS or a public github is going to object to you publishing a *link* on CMM2.fun so IMO you should reenable those.

My issue is that you said that for some programs instead of providing links to them you had uploaded them "direct to cmm2.fun". If by that you meant they were in the same github repo as CMM2.fun then you are suggesting that they are licensed under the MIT license which may not be the case (Note that programs posted to TBS are I believe automatically licensed under the IMO inappropriate for software CC BY-SA 4.0 license.) *If* someone then has an issue you have to remove the offending files, but this is git so it is not sufficient to delete the file from the latest revision you have to delete it from all revisions, a complete faff as it requires a *rewrite* of the git repo. The safest thing is to not upload them, failing that upload them to a separate repo from CMM2.fun so that if you do have to take the former down for "maintenance" you don't also have to take down the latter.

Quote  I made the change for Welcome Tape...

Thanks.

Quote  ... and also disabled Defender.

That's not what I was suggesting. My suggestion is you change it to:

Name: Guardian
Description: Defender clone for the Colour Maximite 2
... or maybe just "Defender clone" since all of the programs are by definition for the CMM2.
Link: https://github.com/thwill1000/cmm2-welcome/tree/master/games/guardian

Also note that if you are going to keep the "enabled" flag then I think you need to update your PHP scripts for the "Shown X Prg(s)" text to take account of it.

YMMV,

Tom
Edited 2021-02-16 05:35 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 12:08am 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tom,
I did change Defender for Guardian (and the link). I think it make sense to list programs from Welcome Tape as separate records, but it depends on authors wishes...

Quote  Also note that if you are going to keep the "enabled" flag then I think you need to update your PHP scripts for the "Shown X Prg(s)" text to take account of it.

Thanks , I fixed it.

Quote  My issue is that you said that for some programs instead of providing links to them you had uploaded them "direct to cmm2.fun". If by that you meant they were in the same github repo as CMM2.fun then you are suggesting that they are licensed under the MIT license which may not be the case (Note that programs posted to TBS are I believe automatically licensed under the IMO inappropriate for software CC BY-SA 4.0 license.) *If* someone then has an issue you have to remove the offending files, but this is git so it is not sufficient to delete the file from the latest revision you have to delete it from all revisions, a complete faff as it requires a *rewrite* of the git repo. The safest thing is to not upload them, failing that upload them to a separate repo from CMM2.fun so that if you do have to take the former down for "maintenance" you don't also have to take down the latter.

I have removed the download links, but downloads folder is just on CMM2.fun server, it doesn't replicate to GitHub, so no licence problem with repo, or?
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 12:19am 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyway,
when somebody WANTS to list his/her program(s) on CMM2.fun, please add them to it (ADD PRG in top left).
Thanks,
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 01:04pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have added a few new records, mostly from this forum.

The biggest problem is with screenshots, I did some from YouTube, but they are not the nicest ones - here will be helpful when somebody has/can do better. It's then enough to post it here (possibly without watermark when not needed).
Jiri

Rado

Posted: 01:47pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Maybe change "graphic" section to "graphics"?

RetroJoe

Posted: 02:23pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

On that note, can a program be in more than one category? Jiri's SimplEd could equally belong in "Graphics" as in "Tools" (it's a graphic tool :) Related, I'm 99% sure someone wrote a sprite editor in the not too distant past - if you're still perusing TBS, please post it to CMM2.fun!

@Jiri, this is shaping up very nicely - thanks again for getting the ball rolling.
Edited 2021-02-17 00:24 by RetroJoe
Enjoy Every Sandwich / Joe P.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 02:25pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here's a screenshot from Max-E-Man:

Note that there is something wrong with Max-E-Man's nunchuck detection code and it throws an error when it doesn't find one instead of defaulting to the keyboard, might actually be a problem with firmware ON ERROR but I don't have time to investigate.

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2021-02-17 00:26 by thwill

RetroJoe

Posted: 02:40pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tom, maybe a stupid question - when you have a single bitmap file with a bunch of different graphic elements on it (e.g. Blinky, Pinky et al), how do you figure out where to "make the cuts" i.e. the boundaries for the BLIT or copy? Is it just trial and error, or is there a more deterministic method?
Edited 2021-02-17 00:41 by RetroJoe

thwill

Guru

Posted: 02:41pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RetroJoe said  Tom, maybe a stupid question - when you have a single bitmap file with a bunch of different graphic elements on it (e.g. Blinky, Pinky et al), how do you figure out where to "make the cuts" e.g, the boundaries for the BLIT or copy? Is it just trial and error, or is there a more deterministic method?

Sorry @RetroJoe I've done nothing with graphics/sprites on the CMM2 and would have to read the manual. Max-E-Man isn't my game I was just helping @Jiri out by grabbing a screenshot for him.

Best Wishes,

Tom

thwill

Guru

Posted: 02:44pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  Note that there is something wrong with Max-E-Man's nunchuck detection code and it throws an error when it doesn't find one instead of defaulting to the keyboard, might actually be a problem with firmware ON ERROR but I don't have time to investigate.

I lied and did investigate. It's not a firmware bug, ironically the code skips the call to "On Error Skip" that protects the call to "Wii Nunchuck Open" :

' read config
on error skip 5 <-- This should be 3 !!!
open "Max-E-Man.dat" for input as #1
input #1, hiscore
close #1

on error skip
wii nunchuk open
if MM.ERRNO = 0 then
 nuncontrol = 1
endif

Best wishes,

Tom

RetroJoe

Posted: 02:49pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry, Tom - my bad, one "Martin Scragg" is the author of the excellent Max-E-Man.

Can one of the MM game writing gurus please share their secret for making precise pixel slices?

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 03:47pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  Here's a screenshot from Max-E-Man:

Thanks Tom, added...
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 03:49pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rado said  Maybe change "graphic" section to "graphics"?

Changed
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 03:54pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RetroJoe said  On that note, can a program be in more than one category? Jiri's SimplEd could equally belong in "Graphics" as in "Tools" (it's a graphic tool :) Related, I'm 99% sure someone wrote a sprite editor in the not too distant past - if you're still perusing TBS, please post it to CMM2.fun!

@Jiri, this is shaping up very nicely - thanks again for getting the ball rolling.

Hi Joe,
thanks and I will think about the possibility to have more categories for one program. The main challengeis not the DB record and listing (I already know how to change it), but more the input form for adding (I'm still new in PHP/HTML/SQL  ). Maybe checkboxes, but I also need some precheck (validation) of the form in PHP...
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:04pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have almost forgotten: there is new category DOCS with the most important documents.

I know it's not SW (sorry, PRG), but I find this as one of very important sections and it could be filed either with PDFs or online links, but still with description and picture...
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:46pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
  RetroJoe said  On that note, can a program be in more than one category? Jiri's SimplEd could equally belong in "Graphics" as in "Tools" (it's a graphic tool :) Related, I'm 99% sure someone wrote a sprite editor in the not too distant past - if you're still perusing TBS, please post it to CMM2.fun!

Hi Joe,
thanks and I will think about the possibility to have more categories for one program. The main challengeis not the DB record and listing (I already know how to change it), but more the input form for adding (I'm still new in PHP/HTML/SQL  ). Maybe checkboxes, but I also need some precheck (validation) of the form in PHP...

So I did Q&D change in DB and PHP, so every program can be in more than 1 category. Until now just Welcome Tape is in GENERAL and DEMO and SimplEd is in TOOL and GRAPHICS. I will later try to modify input form for adding of new prg, it's disgusting anyway...
Jiri

vegipete

Guru

Posted: 06:30pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RetroJoe said  Can one of the MM game writing gurus please share their secret for making precise pixel slices?

See new thread.
Visit Vegipete's *Mite Library for cool programs.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 06:31pm 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

vegipete said  
  RetroJoe said  Can one of the MM game writing gurus please share their secret for making precise pixel slices?

See new thread.

... and someone link "Rocks in Space" on CMM2.fun

thwill

Guru

Posted: 04:09pm 17 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is a screenshot I doctored for Flappy Bird:

Though to be honest the linked implementation might generously be called "bare bones".

However a polished up version might be a potential entry for the "Colour Maximite 1 & 2 BASIC Programming Challenge 2021" if anyone fancies the challenge.

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2021-02-18 02:13 by thwill

Page 4 of 7    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024