Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:42 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 software library in one place

Page 3 of 7    
vegipete

Guru

Posted: 06:40pm 07 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What are "Apps"?

This is retro-computing. There were no such things as "apps". Just "programs".
Visit Vegipete's *Mite Library for cool programs.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 06:53pm 07 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

vegipete said  What are "Apps"?

I happen to agree, I just didn't want to be the only one who said it
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 08:42pm 07 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hopefully better. I started on National Elliot 803B, so I don't remember exactly the names of things punched into tape...
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

elk1984

Posted: 07:30pm 08 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  
  vegipete said  What are "Apps"?

I happen to agree, I just didn't want to be the only one who said it

What's this digital repository?  Should be an archive of PDFs you can print out and type in

I am of course kidding!

thwill

Guru

Posted: 07:35pm 08 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elk1984 said  What's this digital repository?  Should be an archive of PDFs you can print out and type in

That's still digital. You should have to send Jiri a stamped, self-addressed envelope and a postal order for a badly mimeographed hard-copy.

Tom
Edited 2021-02-09 05:36 by thwill

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 10:39pm 08 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have added simple rating of PROGRAMS to the list...

Clicking on stars add one point to rating, ratings are evaluated as:
=0 all empty stars
1-9 ... 1 full star
10-99 ... 2 full stars
100-999 ... 3 full stars
1000-4999 ... 4 full stars
5000 and more ... all stars full
Jiri

elk1984

Posted: 06:45pm 09 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  
  elk1984 said  What's this digital repository?  Should be an archive of PDFs you can print out and type in

That's still digital. You should have to send Jiri a stamped, self-addressed envelope and a postal order for a badly mimeographed hard-copy.

Tom

Hah!  Takes me back.  I think I'll wait until they're on indivdual 360k storage units that I can order by catalogue reference with a cheque / postal order  

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 07:13pm 09 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elk1984 said    I think I'll wait until they're on indivdual 360k storage units that I can order by catalogue reference with a cheque / postal order  

Well, Mr. Moneybags. Must be nice to afford DOUBLE SIDED floppies.

I can't even afford the disk notcher to flip my 180k's over.

Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

elk1984

Posted: 09:59pm 09 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CircuitGizmos said  
  elk1984 said    I think I'll wait until they're on indivdual 360k storage units that I can order by catalogue reference with a cheque / postal order  

Well, Mr. Moneybags. Must be nice to afford DOUBLE SIDED floppies.

I can't even afford the disk notcher to flip my 180k's over.

Sorry I bypassed the BBC Micro and went straight to Atari ST.  Turns out I got it totaly wrong and should have been C64 and Amiga, but hey...

RetroJoe

Posted: 07:07am 10 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ah, my professional disk notcher was a thing of beauty - I wish I knew where it is now!

It was the envy of all my high school friends, who had to use round hole punches like a train conductor, or for those with OCD who couldn't abide seeing the half-moon notch, took to taking their floppy's life in their hands with an Xacto knife.

This was the Apple II / Disk II single head era, so it involved physically flipping the disk over to get the extra storage. You used to be able to hear the difference when the floppy was spinning in the "wrong" direction. I guess the fibers of the disk jacket liner had a specific orientation.
Enjoy Every Sandwich / Joe P.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 11:37am 11 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

I have submitted updated details for Z-MIM and a screenshot.

My offer to help with the English still stands if you push the current version to GitHub where I can comment on it.

You should also investigate why the site is not coming up on a Google search for "Colour Maximite", perhaps it hasn't been "indexed" yet ? not my area of expertise.

Everyone else, this has the potential to be a great resource and another portal for potential users to discover the CMM2. But it does require some investment in time. Would it be a good idea if volunteers worked their way through http://fruitoftheshed.com/Colour%20MaxiMite%202%20(CMM2).Example-games-and-other-programs.ashx identifying complete(ish) programs, grabbing screenshots and sumbitting them to CMM2.fun ?

Best wishes,

Tom

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 02:50pm 11 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tom,
thanks for Z-MIM, I have moved infos to live table and added a screenshot.

GitHub should be up to date.

I don't know, why Google doesn't know about it yet, but I'll try to find...

Some stats:

Jiri

elk1984

Posted: 07:38pm 14 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is there a way to bring this together with some of the work on Fruit of the Shed?  I'm sure I saw a categorised page by contribution (String Manipulation, File Compression etc.) this might be it , but I remember something that was more like an "index" with lots more links:

There have been some excellent components (I'm thinking particularly the File Dialog, the TUI includes etc.) that I'd love to use, but hunting through the Back Shed, Fruit of the Shed and now cmm2.fun is proving.... challenging.

BTW - Is there a reason the Welcome Tape isn't linked of cmm2.fun?
Edited 2021-02-15 05:55 by elk1984

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 08:58pm 14 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Is there a way to bring this together with some of the work on Fruit of the Shed?  I'm sure I saw a categorised page by contribution (String Manipulation, File Compression etc.) this might be it , but I remember something that was more like an "index" with lots more links:

Yes, anybody can do it. The problem is with the storage, I tried some links and they were just links to the page on TBS, not to direct download. So it's up to authors to link it properly...

Quote  BTW - Is there a reason the Welcome Tape isn't linked of cmm2.fun?

Again, just nobody added it, made the screenshot etc...
Jiri

elk1984

Posted: 09:22pm 14 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
  Quote  Is there a way to bring this together with some of the work on Fruit of the Shed?  I'm sure I saw a categorised page by contribution (String Manipulation, File Compression etc.) this might be it , but I remember something that was more like an "index" with lots more links:

Yes, anybody can do it. The problem is with the storage, I tried some links and they were just links to the page on TBS, not to direct download. So it's up to authors to link it properly...

Quote  BTW - Is there a reason the Welcome Tape isn't linked of cmm2.fun?

Again, just nobody added it, made the screenshot etc...

Cool - I've tried to add a link to the Welcome Tape (hope that's OK Tom), the registration was good but the thumbnail I tried was kicked out as too large.  

Edited 2021-02-15 07:32 by elk1984

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 10:02pm 14 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have fixed it and also added Falfus2, Defender and Flappy Bird (some of them uploaded direct to cmm2.fun).
Jiri

thwill

Guru

Posted: 05:02pm 15 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RE The Welcome Tape, I have submitted a replacement entry to CMM2.fun:

1. the screenshot was the splash from a very old version
2. the description (copied from my github) wasn't as good as it should have been
3. it was wrong to credit me as the author, or link to www.sockpuppetstudios.com, this was a work of the TBS community which I curated

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2021-02-16 03:02 by thwill

thwill

Guru

Posted: 05:14pm 15 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  I have fixed it and also added Falfus2, Defender and Flappy Bird (some of them uploaded direct to cmm2.fun).

I would be nervous about uploading them to the main CMM2.fun repository without permission from the author, for a start they may not be MIT licensed like you have declared the contents of that repository is. If you are not happy linking to content on the TBS forum then my suggestion is to use a *separate* CMM2.archive repository that if necessary can be brought down and rebased/rewritten without affecting CMM2.fun.

Regarding Defender you'll need to check with @PeteCotton but I believe the official release version is the one on "The Welcome Tape" and retitled "Guardian". There is no reason not to have a separate entry on CMM2.fun, but you could link to https://github.com/thwill1000/cmm2-welcome/tree/master/games/guardian instead of that more ephemeral OneDrive location.

Best wishes,

Tom

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 06:28pm 15 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK Tom,
maybe I'm not so paranoid in retro computer SW but I can understand your point of view, so...

I have added enabled column into DB and currently disabled all records, where I didn't discussed it with authors or record was not added through ADD PRG. When will somebody put it back, just ask and I will re-enable it.

MIT license of my repository has nothing to do with storage on CMM2.fun, but I will empty it, no big problem. Adding prg with the link to the TBS is of course no issue here, just is for me problematic and on every change need the author also update the link...

I made the change for Welcome Tape and also disabled Defender.

Have a smooth day.
Jiri

matherp
Guru

Posted: 06:45pm 15 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jiri

Anything I've posted can be included without asking

Page 3 of 7    
Print this page