Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:29 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Forum upgrade

Page 9 of 15    
Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 03:23am 02 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

I just got this error message for my last post although it was saved OK.

Bill

EDIT: Sorry, this was my Last post
Edited 2020-03-02 13:37 by Gizmo
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:38am 02 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Bill. I'll look into it.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:48am 02 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The last three times I have posted, I also get that error message, but now I am just back-arrowing out of that, and click on ACTIVE TOPICS and that shows the post was saved OK.

It's not our friend from the other thread still trying to hack the forum, is it?
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:58am 02 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Its the code that sends out the notification emails. Must be a bug in there with someone's details. I'll look into it.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:08am 02 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Made a little change, let me know if you still see that error.

Glenn
JAQ

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 12:11pm 07 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn.

I had some fun posting here:-

https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?FID=11&TID=11990&LastEntry=Y#144357

Last post shows the error message.

Brian
Edited 2020-03-07 22:12 by Chopperp
ChopperP

Phil23
Guru

Posted: 09:37pm 09 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

Just noticed an anomaly/bug.

I made a post on page two of this tread, saved it & all was as expected.

Then moments later I edited it & added the last lines.
After I hit save it returned me to a page with the post title, but no posts.

But that page was labelled Page 3 of 2.

On going back to the posting list & checking, my edit was successful & appeared on Page 2.

Cheers

Phil.

Edit:-

Just slightly changed the above post & saved again & the issue was reproduced.

Will edit this message if it does it too.
Edited 2020-03-10 07:41 by Phil23

Phil23
Guru

Posted: 08:34am 16 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

FYI, Just got this...

Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'EmailBody' at row 1 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot2\TheBackShed\forum\PostMessage.php:77 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot2\TheBackShed\forum\PostMessage.php(77): PDO->exec('insert into ema...') #1 {main}thrown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot2\TheBackShed\forum\PostMessage.php on line 77

Was attempting to post 280 lines of code formatted.

Looks like the post @7:09pm was successful despite the error.

Phil.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 06:08am 05 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

I just got this error message when trying to post:

Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xCE\xA9. Al...' for column 'Message' at row 1 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot2\TheBackShed\forum\PostMessage.php:60 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot2\TheBackShed\forum\PostMessage.php(60): PDO->exec('Insert into thr...') #1 {main} thrown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot2\TheBackShed\forum\PostMessage.php on line 60

The post was not successful but my name is there as the last poster but there is no post.

Bill

flip

Posted: 06:33am 05 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,
I wonder if the problem Bill reported just now is because of handshaking between the previous poster (which was me) who was repeatedly editing and/or having page open whilst the next poster (Bill) was attempting to upload / edit his post.
I know handshaking can always be a pain.
(My constant editing of posts is also a pain )
Regards Phil

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 06:43am 05 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

Yes, I was trying to compose a post at the same time with lots of editing and previewing before I hit the 'Save Post' button.

Bill

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:42am 13 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Phil23 yeah know about that page count issue, not fixed yet. The error when you posted that long thread, the table to save and send notification emails had a limit of 65000 characters, that was exceeded, so it raised a error. I've changed it so any notification message is limited to 20000 characters, and a message that says you need to visit the forum to see the full post.

Turbo64 dont know what caused that, I suspect something in your post was looking like escape codes to the database and it rejected it. The code does a bucket load of checks and format conversions before it savers the data into the database, mainly to stop hackers, but also to format some special characters correctly. Something in your post confused it.

Glenn
JAQ

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 11:58pm 16 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

I don't know if you have done something but previously the 'remember me' box never worked for me. I assumed it was my VPN but it didn't work even though my IP address had not change I would shut down Chrome then start it up and have to log in again. Now I can shut it down and restart it with gay abandon and don't have to log in again.

This morning I came to the Backshed after starting my laptop with the VPN on and didn't have to log on!

Bill

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:10am 17 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bill

Who knows, VPN's and cookies are weird :)

But I have been making little changes to the code as I get time. I've been flat out with my JAQ software clients since the COVID-19 restrictions came into place, mainly modification to let people work better from home. But I like to dabble in the forum code from time to time.

Glenn
JAQ

paceman
Guru

Posted: 04:44am 21 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn, good to hear your business is going well still, there are a lot of people not in that situation unfortunately.

A query: using the 'Search' facility now it doesn't seem the 'hits' allow you to jump between 'pages' of topics like it used to. You can move between the pages of the thread OK but not outside the thread to allow you to see other threads around the same time. I often used to do a search, find a relevant post, then use the date of that post to jump to the approximate time in the forum by checking out the drop-down box of 'topic pages'.

Hope that makes sense but am I missing something that's already there or isn't it possible now.

Greg

Phil23
Guru

Posted: 10:03pm 27 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,

Just a thought for a minor addition that would probably be good long term.

The Document Register; http://www.thebackshed.com/DocRegister/

I get the feeling it's largely forgotten; I find myself forgetting things are there.

Maybe a link could be added somewhere here....

Cheers.

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 01:01pm 12 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Somehow I cannot set links within my postings, the button on the editorīs row above asks for entering "URL Text" but nothing happens after pushing OK, no matter what I have inserted before.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or is it supposed to be like that?

TESTING:

"This is my Link-Text"

I mark it and then push the Link-Button, I insert an URL and press OK ... nothing happens, everything is like it was before.

And by the way:

If I want to bold or italic some text it will be replaced by the corresponding tags and not inclosed.
Andre ... such a GURU?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:28pm 12 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is a test
Link
Bold
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:32pm 12 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The forum works differently to a word processor. Dont select before applying something like a URL or bold. Work backwards, eg, select Bold, then type your text between the tags.
JAQ

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 12:52pm 13 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said  This is a test
Link
Bold

Thanks, now I can see how it is done ... at least manually:

But this shows that the CODE-Tag apparently does not work, is it not supposed to display the code for the URL-example instead of processing it to a clickable link?

For showing I changed the brackets right here:

(CODE)(URL=http://www.google.com)Link(/URL)(/CODE)

... hope it works, the preview windows currently shows up being blank.
Andre ... such a GURU?

Page 9 of 15    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024